A History of Corruption and Abuse
The following are just a few of the many articles, papers, and books that describe the corruption and abuse that has long been part of the medical and scientific research communities in the United States, and internationally, at the highest levels. These are the same agencies and companies that develop, mandate, promote, and regulate vaccines.
- Tuskegee syphilis experiment
Conducted by the U.S. Public Health Service (oversees CDC and NIH) This study recruited 600 black men, of which 399 were diagnosed with syphilis and 201 were a control group without the disease. The researchers never obtained informed consent from the men and never told the men with syphilis that they were not being treated [penicillin was the cure] but were simply being watched until they died and their bodies examined for ravages of the disease. The study ended after 40 years only because it was leaked to the press and there was a public outcry.
- Willowbrook Hepatitis Experiments
Authorized by New York State Department of Mental Hygiene, and the Armed Forces Epidemiological Board of the Surgeon General’s Office. This study was conducted at the infamous and overcrowded Willowbrook Institution where developmentally challenged children were given placement in return for permission to experiment on them in order to develop a hepatitis vaccine. Parents desperate to find a place for their children felt pressured into making what one parent called a Faustian bargain.
- Deadly Medicines and Organised Crime (Book)
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ARE THE THIRD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH AFTER HEART DISEASE AND CANCER. … Peter C Gotzsche (co-founder of the Cochrane Collaboration) exposes the pharmaceutical industries and their charade of fraudulent behaviour, both in research and marketing where the morally repugnant disregard for human lives is the norm. 7-minute video summary.
- Golden Holocaust: Origins of the Cigarette Catastrophe and the Case for Abolition (Book)
Paints a harrowing picture of tobacco manufacturers conspiring to block the recognition of tobacco-cancer hazards, even as they ensnare legions of scientists and politicians in a web of denial.
- Merck Created Hit List to “Destroy,” “Neutralize” or “Discredit” Dissenting Doctors
Merck, one of the largest vaccine manufacturers in the US, withheld information about fatal complications from their drug, Vioxx, and sought to destroy doctors who questioned the drug. Merck also published a fake medical journal in Australia to promote the drug.
- Dr. Relman, a former editor-in-chief of the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine said this in 2002:
The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research. The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it’s disgraceful.
“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue”
- Dr. Angell, another former editor and editor-in-chief of the NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine said this in 2002:
It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor
- Detailed articles exposing the corruption between the pharmaceutical companies and various governments internationally: Part III
In contrast to tobacco funded research, which is comparatively rare, two thirds of the clinical trials published in major journals such as the Lancet or New England Journal of Medicine are funded by the drug industry. In addition, companies use ghost writers to promote misleading trials in scores of secondary publications and reviews in major journals. These, just like the original research, often carry the names of opinion leaders, which seems to give the articles credibility. This common practice is scientific fraud.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), a multi-billion pharmaceutical multinational and manufacturer of toothpastes and painkillers, in addition to paying out the highest amount of drug-fraud settlement ($3,000,000,000) …
- [I]n July 2013, Chinese Police detained 4 GSK China’s executives, and accused GSK of using a network of more than 700 middleman and travel agencies to (financially and sexually) bribe doctors and lawyers to promote their drugs …
- On August 6, 2014, a whistleblower familiar with GSK’s Syrian operations wrote an anonymous email to two of GSK’s top executives, accusing GSK of bribing doctors in Syria in order to promote the sale of various medications…
- … Pfizer was fined $420,000,000, followed by the March 2010 settlement of $142,000,000, due to their fraudulent promotion of the anti-seizure drug Neurontin.
- While Merck was aware that their painkiller Vioxx could cause thrombosis, they continued to promote it … investigation … culminated in November 2011 $950,000,000 settlement … in 2007… Merck agreed to pay a settlement of $4.85 billion …
- In April 2010, Astrazeneca, the London-based manufacturer of the antipsychotic medication Seroquel, reached a settlement of $520,000,000 with the U.S. Justice Department to avoid federal investigation on the illegal marketing of the drug. …
- In November 2013, Johnson & Johnson reached a settlement of $2,200,000,000 with the U.S. government, to avoid criminal investigation over the unethical promotion of their psychotropic drugs Risperdal and Invega. …
- In 2007, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) reached a $515,000,000 settlement with the U.S. Justice Department, in exchange for the prosecution of illegal marketing of the antipsychotic Abilify and the antidepressant Serzone. …
$700 million in lobbying buys significant access
- Unethical experimental vaccine programs in Africa and India
A review of experimental vaccine programs in Africa and India, funded directly and indirectly by the Gates Foundation, which resulted in numerous deaths and injuries, along with reports of forced vaccinations and lack of informed consent.